The croc shoes
I vividly remember the first time I saw someone wear croc shoes. It was back in 2007 and my then roommate came home in a pair. And I remember thinking “I will never be caught dead wearing this“. I did then and I still think that this might be the uglies shoe ever invented.
So you’d be surprised to know it was my idea to get these for Katie. They have a few undeniable advantages to other shoes I looked at for her to wear in the yard:
– they are easy to put on. Katie doesn’t need my help taking them off either. So she is free to walk in and out of the house and quickly learned to not wear them inside.
– as easy as they are to put on, they don’t seem to ever just fall off her feet or trip her if she is running too much or jumping. They seem to be so comfortable, actually, that I struggle to only let Katie wear them at home. She picks them afore her cute pink converse 9 out of 10 times. Every one out of ten I think the pink appeal is just too strong to resist ;)
– they are pretty much indestructible – they don’t stain, get soaked wet and they seem to repel dirt, neither do they look like they will tear easily (however toddlers can get creative and we’ve only had them for about a month).
– if they get wet, they can be easily dried with a tissue
– they cost almost nothing compared to other quality toddler shoes. We got these in target for under $15 and I believe I could have probably found them cheaper online.
So, what do you think? Would you or would you not?